We all know how important it is to stay hydrated, we as humans depend on it to survive. But sometimes life gets a bit hectic and it may become a little challenging to stay on top of your daily water intake.
So, here are a couple of ideas to help stay hydrated:
- Firstly, know how much water you should be drinking.
There is a simple calculation you can do to figure this out. Take your weight (in kg) and divide this by 2. This will give you an approximate number in L of how much water you should be drinking each day. Increase this a little if you engage in more physical exercise.
- Always carry a water bottle with you and have one on your work desk or in your backpack or car for easy consumption.
- Use an app or your alarm to set continual reminders to drink more water.
- Drink one glass of water before each meal.
Potentially that’s 3 glasses of water right there. Plus this could help fill any hunger pains you may have.
- Add a little flavour.
I’m thinking of natural fruits like lemon or cucumber and popping these into your water bottles. Alternatively, freeze some water with fruit flavourings and add these in as ice cubes.
- Consider eating foods with higher volumes of water.
These include lettuce, zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, apples, rockmelon and of course watermelon (yum). Not only are these a great source of fruit and vege, but they make for some tasty snacks between meals.
Got any other ideas for increasing your daily water intake? Comment below or send me your thoughts.